Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Yesterday we visited Dr. Lee in Murfreesboro to set up radiation plans. Dr. Lee is so nice, very soft spoken and seems to care. Radiation will start Thursday and we'll go through Saturday this week, then will be Mon - Fri. for 30 treatments. It will be hard going back and forth to Murfreesboro every day, and hour there and an hour back, but it's an easy drive on the interstate which will help.

Micah has changed his work schedule and is working LONG days so he can come home from Knoxville more and help out (as well as spend time with his Dad). Phil can't express himself in words, but still uses those left hand signals to be a "passenger" seat driver. It's great to have Micah drive so he gets the "help" instead of me.

Phil continues to be more alert and more mobile since the steroids were increased. Ever the dare devil, he made a jump from the recliner to his wheel chair last night that gave Micah and me quite a scare. He made it, but we really fussed at him, he and just smiled. Some things never change.....

2 comments:

Phillip said...

They're packing up the house! Boxes floor to ceiling. Nash is whining and whining. The good news, though: I'll be home soon!

Linda said...

Hello Butch,,,,
So glad to hear that you are getting stronger. I am still in Mich. but Miles is picking me up Friday at the airport. I still have your CD to give you. I hope it helps on your trips for treatment. I know you can't wait to see Phillip.He will be home soon. Micah has been a rock!! All my love and prayer for you and your family always.
See you soon..
Linda