Wednesday, September 10, 2008

We're back in Winchester!!! We were so happy to leave Nashville and St. Thomas behind. We hope to never go there again. Everyone was very nice, but! Micah stayed with Phil last night so I could go home. I woke up to a flooded garage and dripping water heater. I guess God knew I needed some hard work after all the sitting I've been doing. Got the mess cleaned up and will look into getting a water heater - tomorrow. Enough for today. Phil is working with physical therapy, he can stand with assistance, unable to walk at this time. His right arm is again very weak and he "forgets" it's there. Speech has become very
discouraging for him now, please pray with me that as the swelling in his brain decreases, speech will improve. You all know how Phil loves to talk! I think getting that back will help tremendously. We have high hopes for improvement
in Rehab. All of the therapists already love Phil from our earlier stay, so they're really determined to help him get back where he was.

Thanks for the comments! What a blessing to hear from each one of you. Cards can be sent to Inpatient Rehab, Southern TN Medical Center, 185 Hospital Road, Winchester, TN 37398 or to our home address 386 Oak Hill Drive, Estill Springs, TN 37330.

3 comments:

Dannie Watson said...

Hi Butch & Darlene,

So glad you are out of St. Thomas and back in rehab. Hopefully, your next step will be home walking and talking in only your witty ways Butch. Know this has been a setback for you and your loving family but know you will come of this great. Darlene, what a mess you had to clean up in your garage re the water heater. Darlene, thanks for sending the addresses for cards to be sent. My prayers and love with you, Butch. Dannie

Sherri Hines said...

Its hard to find something positive to say about the "C" word. Pray for a miracle. Pray for a cure. Phil I hope you regain strength and ability to tell your funny stories again(this is the best opportunity you will ever have to tell a dirty joke and not get slapped). Meanwhile, I thought I would provide some material to make everyone smile.

Children's Letters to God...
Dear God:
I didn't think orange went with purple until I saw the
sunset you made on Tuesday. That was cool!
Eugene

Dear God:
Did you mean for the giraffe to look like
that or was it an accident?
Norma

Dear God:
Instead of letting people die and having to
make new ones, why don't you just keep the ones you have now?
Jane

Dear God:
Who draws the lines around the countries?
Nan

Dear God:
I went to this wedding and they kissed
right in church. Is that okay?
Katy

Dear God:
Thank you for my baby brother, but what I
prayed for was a puppy.
Alex

Dear God
It rained for our whole vacation and is my father mad!
He said some things about you that people are
not supposed to say, but I hope you will not hurt him anyway.
Your friend (but I am not going to tell you who I am)

Dear God:
Please send me a pony. I never asked for
anything before. You can look it up.
Ryan

Dear God:
If we come back as something, please don't
let me be Jennifer Horton, because I hate her.
John

Dear God:
I want to be just like my daddy when I get
big, but not with so much hair all over.
Sam

Dear God:
I think about you sometimes, even when I'm
not praying.
Elliott

Dear God:
I bet it is very hard for you to love all the people in the
world. There are only four people in our family and I can never do it.
George

Dear God:
Of all the people who worked for you, I like Noah and David the best.
Michael

Dear God:
My brothers told me about being born, but it doesn't sound
right. They are just kidding, aren't they?
Christopher

Dear God:
If you watch me in church Sunday, I'll show you my new shoes.
Cathy

Dear God:
We read Thomas Edison made light. But in Sunday school, we
learned that you did it. So I bet he stole your idea.
Sincerely, Courtney

Dear God:
I do not think anybody could be a better God. Well, I just
want you to know that I am not just saying this because you are God already.
Charles

Dear God:
Maybe Cain and Abel would not kill each other so much if they
had their own rooms. It works with me and my brother.
Larry

meme3717 said...

Hi Phil and Aunt Darlene!

I love the pics - Phil looks happy :) You're in my prayers. I send you lots of love and well wishes, patience and determination. I hope I get to see you at Christmas. Miss you lots!!

Love,
Amanda

p.s. tell Stephen I say hi :)