Friday, September 5, 2008

Today is a day to rejoice! Yesterday Phil became less and less responsive and another MRI was
done which showed extensive swelling in his brain. The surgeon was very kind and actually
compassionate which scared me as much as anything else because he's usually arrogant and blunt.
He wasn't sure if Phil had had a stroke, the tumor had spread "tenicles"farther back in his brain
or if we were just seeing effects of severe swelling. He started some high dose steroids and said
we would have to wait and see. Phil couldn't talk to us, and I felt we were losing him. We joined
hands around the bed and Phil reached up his hand too, and we prayed for his recovery. Micah
spent the night by his Dad's bed, and was able to see him gradually wake up and begin moving
again and talking. He actually sat up, and fed himself breakfast! I believe we've truly witnessed
a miracle. The surgeon told Phil that we would like to have a "boring" day today so to keep the
excitement down.

Thank you Lord. Our peace is in you even when the world seems to be crashing down around us.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

God is great! I'm so glad Phil is doin' better today. We have been praying for him. Mom and I. We wil keep praying for him! We love you! Carrie N Tipps

Carrie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CD said...

What a praise report! He was so heavily on my heart, I was lifting him up to the Lord! Nothing is impossible for God, I am rejoicing with you & will keep praying!
crystal b.