Thursday, September 11, 2008

Oh, the comments I'm receiving mean so much! Thank you. Phil can't read or comprehend the messages, but I tell him who they are from and he understands who the message is from. I've been blessed by my coworkers today and also by
friends who I've been told were installing a water heater for me. Last week some
of the National Guard guys built a ramp in the garage, then some of them came one day and helped move some furniture. I've appreciated everything including all the thoughts and prayers. Today has been a typical rehab day, Phil wants to go home so badly but I've told him he has to be able to walk first so we can get out on the front porch to drink our coffee. He understands that! He talks to Phillip and Micah each day on the telephone. If you'd like to come by, visiting
is evenings during the week, Sat. afternoon, and Sundays. The visits will probably need to be very short, 10-15 minutes at this time.

Thank you Lord for the blessings of this day. Our hope is totally in you.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Darlene,

This is Marc Bell, Phil (Butch's) cousin from Marlene's side of the family, our Mother was Jean Watley Bell aunt Marlene's sister. I'm in hopes that my sister Lora and I will be able to see Butch soon. He is and has been in our prayers.

Even though I'm not sure we ever met and I'm sure you don't know me but I hope to meet you soon and see Butch. I pray that you and Butch will soon be able to have that cup of coffee on your front porch. Again, your in our thoughts and prayers and please let us know if there is anything we can do.

We are hoping to see him soon, but will call before and make sure he's wanting us to visit him. There is no doubt that Butch is one of our favorite cousins and everytime we did get to see each other, well......He always had a way of making anyone laugh and just feel good period.

I'm confident he will come through with treatment and therapy and be able to have a great quality of life where he can spend it with the one's he loves.

All my love,
Marc Bell

Walter Wible said...

Dear Darlene,

I check Phil's page every day to keep up with what's going on. Surely the two of you know how much Phil means to Liz and I. Please tell him that I love him and am looking forward to taking him to Indiana.

Walt Wible