Thursday, October 9, 2008

Yesterday was a better day. Phil was up some, ate a little at all three meals, and was able to take all of his medicine. He's still sleeping this morning, so I'll add an update later. Christy and her children spent the night with me last night, our son Stephen stayed the night before. I don't know what we would do without our wonderful children. Everytime Phil would ask the blessing at meals, he would ALWAYS pray, God bless our kids. Now that I'm doing the praying, I pray the same prayer he always did.

1 comment:

Sherri Hines said...

Darlene,

There will be bad days and better days. It is heartbreaking to know that you are going through the difficult tasks of taking care of a loved one with cancer. There isn't a more exhausting job. Please reach out to your friends and family for help. I wish Mom and I were closer so we could do something. We hope that Phil will have many more months but your job won't get any easier. I pray for your strength. Sherri