Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Phil has continued to be more alert and talkative each day (though most of what he says is garbled words). He's moving around in his wheel chair constantly, opening drawers, getting into the refrigerator, spilling things in the pantry...... Stronger and inquisitive, and also much brighter. You who saw him a couple of weeks ago when we thought we were losing him will be quite surprised to see him now. I feel the radiation caused severe problems for him, and he's recovering from that. He's eating well, eats everything I put on his plate plus dessert, and his pain medication is keeping him pain free this week.

Brother Roy visited today and took Phil out on the deck. I was able to get outside and get some work done which was a great break for me. Who knows what tomorrow will bring? I'm thankful for a good day today.

No comments: