Saturday, October 4, 2008

Radiation treatment #2 down! We had to be in Murfreesboro at 8:30 this morning, quite a challenge, but we made it - and Dr. Lee was just walking up in his shorts and tee shirt and helped us get out of the car! I told him it wasn't his job to help us get out of the car, and he just laughed.
He's edging up there with Dr. Gammada with me; for those who haven't heard the story, Dr. Gammada cooked and brought Phil breakfast one morning while we were in Rehab. The eggs were from his own chickens. He brought enough for me too, and it was really good. But the love
in it was the best part. Phil just has that kind of effect on people, as one man said at his military retirement cook out, "He can be yelling at you for something you've done, and you just love him anyway."

The radiation tech was the only one there today after Dr. Lee left, so I got to "assist", which made me happy since I'm so curious about everything medical. She told me they had a man very similar to Phil at one time, couldn't walk and couldn't talk, and they saw him get gradually better every day. When his treatment were finished, he was walking and talking! She said they had all been talking about how Phil reminded them of this man, and she gave me new hope that the radiation will make a great difference. We'll keep praying and praying.

If you call and I don't answer the phone, don't be offended, I'm just very busy helping Phil with every move he makes, and that is my priority right now. We created this blog for that reason.
Also if you want to contact me personally, my e-mail address is chockley116@yahoo.com

2 comments:

Cheapo Mimi in Nashville said...

Hang in there Darlene! I just wanted you to know we're keeping tabs on you guys. We're headed to FL tomorrow but brother Roy will call while we are down there. You guys hang tough and stay strong! We're sending hugs & kisses your way and hope to see you soon. Call us if you need us.
Sherri

CD said...

That Dr sounds so wonderful & I'm so happy to hear they are taking such wonderful care of him there. I will continue to pray!! God is giving you nuggets of hope & that hope will keep us all praying!!! Hugs from Hawai'i,
Crystal Bierer & Family