Wednesday, November 19, 2008

WE ARE HOME!!!!!! After posting the last blog message I said to my friend Cindy, " I just wish we could go home". And she told me to just do it and that's what I did. I'd been so afraid we wouldn't be able to make it home, but hanging around the hospital so long made it worth the gamble. I called Dr. Gammada myself on his personal cell phone (a number Phil has) and then apologized to our nurse, because I get really furious when MY patients call the doctor themselves. Then I told her we were leaving right away, not waiting for any details to be taken care of. Christy took care of getting an ambulance quickly because I was threatening to load Phil in the back of Christy's SUV. We got home quickly and safely and Phil came to life and kissed me about 20 times, hugged the boys,
and insisted on getting up, so we put him in his wheel chair for awhile. It's so great to be home!
Our Hospice nurse has just been here, so we're safely set up with them again. Phil is in a hospital bed and is peacefully sleeping at this time. Whew! What a day.

The picture above was taken in Dickson Sunday. We thought we were on the road to several good months. What a difference a day can make.

2 comments:

Clyde Kunz said...

I talked to Walt tonight and it sounds like you had a great day. Walt and I will visit as soon as it is a good time.

Sherri Hines said...

Oh my, I had not checked the blog in a few days because I thought things were going so well. I hope he makes it through the holidays. Maybe he will bounce back again. I'm glad you are home again. The simple comforts of home have a big impact.