Thursday, November 20, 2008

Phil is walking and talking again!!!! He's with Jesus and his Mom and Dad, both of whom he's been missing for a long time. He left us at 11:50 this morning. Before he left, he opened his eyes
sooo wide as though he was seeing something wonderful. I only wish I could have seen what he was seeing.

Visitation will be 5:00 to 8:00 PM Friday evening at Grant's Funeral Home in Estill Springs. It's located on Hwy 41-A between Winchester and Estill Springs (just outside of Estill Springs). The
funeral will be Saturday morning at 10:00 AM at the funeral home with burial in Willow Brook Cemetery in Shelbyville. I will post details about the service on the internet when I receive them.

Donations may be given to The Minnie Pearl Cancer Foundation
2410 Patterson St
Suite 110
Nashville, TN 37203

or to any other cancer foundation.

This isn't the end of Phil's Page, he's starting a brand new book today. And he has instructions from me to make sure God has cats in heaven.

The Lord is MY Shepard
I SHALL NOT want.

Thank you Lord, for this wonderful man of yours who has touched so many lives and blessed so many people. Take good care of him for us because we really love him a lot.

5 comments:

Jon said...

Tell Mia & Ava that Silas & Levi, & Naomi are praying for them & love them. My little ones feel sad for your loss, just as we do. Our hearts are with you & it is exciting to think that Phil is in the true presence of God, walking & talking, in no pain. With Love,
Crystal & Jonathan

dr222001 said...

Phil had a great impact on us all. One thing that always stuck with me was that we could be at the range or in a resturant and if the Lord was addressed, Phil would always refer to the Lord as "Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ". Phil was a real man and one I will miss so much. We will be remembering you in our prayers.
Darrel Richards

Rich Guye said...

Found the message on my phone late this afternoon from Amy but I was so tired I fell asleep. Working 20 or more hours a day while doing some testing. I wanted to return the call but emotionally I knew I wouldn't be able to talk. Knowing Phil's in the presence of the lord with the rest of our family is comforting but it hurts too much to try to talk about it now. I will call sometime during today. I pray for peace and understanding during this time for us all and know that it will come, but at a great emotional cost to us individually. I can only imagine what Dad had to say when Phil made his trip home and not just to visit. Love you and please forgive me for not having the strength to talk about this now.

Latrese Guye said...

Darlene and family,
You have all been in our thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. We know what you are experiencing as we went through it with Fletcher and then my brother in April. I'm not sure if we will make it to the funeral as Iva doesn't think she can make the trip. Richard is heartbroken that he can't be with you. I can just imagine Phil and Fletcher are having a great time on Heaven's golf course right now.
Take care,
Latrese Guye

Dannie Watson said...

Darlene,

I know there are cats in heaven and he will love seeing Marlene and Phil again. My heart and prayers go out to you. Crying as I write. You have been a Godsend to him, he was lucky with that at least....and having such a wonderful family and tons of friends. Would love to meet you next time I'm in Shelbyville. You take care of yourself now. Hugs, Dannie
Watson